Saturday, August 10, 2013

the nine to 5 - volume 2

If I haven't told you already, I have THE COOLEST job on this planet. Doing graphic design for a minor league baseball team is so much fun. With 72 home games per season, there is ALWAYS something new to promote or new ideas to try out. 

I don't know about y'all, but I am a *big* fan of Kendra Scott jewelry. Kendra Scott is based here in Austin and they always have fresh ideas when it comes to promoting their brand. One of those ideas being their "Caught in your Kendra" cards that Kendra Scott employees keep with them at all times - just in case they run into someone wearing Kendra Scott jewelry. If a Kendra employee spots you... in your Kendra - you will get one these nifty things and you can use it towards 20% (i think) off your next Kendra purchase! Genius idea.. who's ever it was - 
WHY WOULDN'T I WANT TO WEAR KENDRA ALL DAY EVERY DAY?!
(confession: i kind of want to wear it everyday despite the discount... can you blame me?)

This fantastic idea compelled me to propose to our marketing department that we implement a program similar to this and they were ALL FOR IT!
designed by Whitney Rhoden
We have armed our entire staff with these "Caught Ya!" cards so that when ever we catch a fan sporting their Express gear - we can thank them with two FREE TICKETS to an Express game! I'm not gonna lie the first chance I had to give one of these puppies away, I was so overjoyed that I literally chased after a kid and probably scared him more than excited him. 
Seeing your ideas become reality might be the best part about working in this industry. 

Stay tuned for volume 3 of  'the nine to 5'