Sunday, October 6, 2013

From Italy to Austin | Our Study Abroad Reunion!

italy-to-texas-blog
FUN FACT: I studied abroad in Florence, Italy the summer before my senior year of college. Not only was the country beautiful, but the friendships I created were life long. This post is about those friendships.
Meet (from left to right, after me) Amy, Erica, Chelsea and Angela! Also known as MY ITALY FAMILY - I absolutely adore each one of these girls and am so incredibly blessed that our paths crossed in Italy over two years ago!

italy2011
Even though we don't live near each other, we still keep in touch via group text {don't know what we'd do without it}! Since the day we left Italy, we have always talked about having a reunion and we FINALLY DID IT! Since three of us call Texas home we figured it only mad sense to reunite in the LONE STAR STATE, and somehow it worked out that everyone decided to come to my humble {one bedroom} abode in Round Rock! 5 girls in a one bedroom apartment = ONE AWESOME SLEEPOVER, which is just what we needed!

Another fun fact: Chelsea and Amy had NEVER been to Texas! So the pressure was on to give them a Texas-sized welcome!

photo2photo1photo5photo3photo4

It just so happens that there is a small town about 20 minutes north of where I live in Round Rock called FLORENCE! And if that alone isn't enough, they have a vineyard in Florence... so, naturally, we had to spend an evening out there sipping wine, reminiscing, and catching up! It was absolutely beautiful. We couldn't have imagined a better way to spend our time together!

photo8photo7
photo9

And of course I had to show them my favorite spots in Austin including South Congress, P. Terry's Burger Stand, Amy's Ice Cream, Santa Rita Tex-Mex, and Rainey Street. Everyone departed Sunday afternoon full and tired which in my mind = SUCCESS!
texaswelcome-peek